[ serves 5 ]
GF / VG
- potatoes 3 pieces
- water 1 tbsp.
- salt 1/2 tsp.
- cornstarch 1 tbsp.
- WAPANKO to taste
[ Method ]
- 1Peel the potatoes and cut into 5 mm squares. Do not wash the potatoes.
- 2Add water to a large pot and bring to boil. Place 1 in a heat-resistant bowl and steam for 5-6 minutes.
- 3Add salt and cornstarch to 2 and stir well. Divide the mixture into 5 equal parts and wrap them individually with saran wrap. Pat the mixture lightly.
- 4Put WAPANKO on a sheet pan and unwrap 3, molding the pieces into flat oval shapes.
- 5Fry on both sides for 2-3 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius until golden brown. Note: If you’d like, you can add ketchup and sprinkle with black pepper.